Posts Tagged ‘Business Networking’|
Monday, November 1st, 2010
So you know networking is important for your small-medium sized business; but do you know how to network effectively?
Networking is key to promoting your business, finding leads, marketing yourself, and drawing referrals… yet most of the time it isn’t done correctly. I often hear people tell me “Nobody I met can use my services!” or “None of these people can help me” … what they fail to forget is NETWORKING IS NOT ONLY ABOUT YOU! It’s about each other, and developing a relationship that provides mutual benefits. The person you meet may not be able to help you right off the bat, but who knows when they’ll know someone that can help you.
Networking is like a marriage to some extent. You get to know each other, develop trust, gain credibility, and then support each other through thick and thin. When was the last time you met someone at one event and decided it was time to tie the knot? It’s a process!
So to help you in your journey in business networking & relationship marketing here are 10 Commandments I came across that can make you a better networker:
- Thou shalt drop the “what is in it for me?” attitude.
- Thou shalt listen.
- Thou shalt build a relationship.
- Thou shalt give the first referral.
- Thou shalt not tell others of the referral you require; thou shalt “show them” with a story.
- Thou shalt be specific of the type of referral.
- Thou shalt reciprocate when appropriate.
- Thou shalt participate in the network executive, functions, and network time.
- Thou shalt thank the person who gave a referral.
- Thou shalt follow up on the referral within 24 hours.
Read the full article here: http://bit.ly/bVzyKA
Tags: Building Relationships, Business Networking, Business Relationships, Commandments
Posted in BOSS 100 Awesome Business Tips, BOSS Success System, Business Networking, Wealth Consciousness | No Comments »
Monday, September 27th, 2010
BOSS Member: Bernie Schmidt
The Achievement: increased his revenue by $10,000 through BOSS Community
How it Happened: By being a BOSS Member for 4 months; through events and online platform
What Led to Success:
- - BOSS “Speed Power Networking” & “Triad Power Networking” sessions that gave him solid referrals and leads that converted to sales
- - Business Networking with quality business owners that were passionate about growing
- - Trusting Relationships that allowed members to confidently promote his services to people in their network
- - Establishing himself as an expert in his industry by sharing what he knew about SEO Optimization rather than what services he delivered
Bernie (BOSS Member) Says…
“It was the goodwill value of BOSS that has truly made all the difference. It’s created an environment where business owners have a “How can I help you?” attitude, and in the end everyone benefits.”
When asked which members used his services, he went on to tell me that, in addition to current membership, many leads have developed with people from the networks of other members. Through this extended relationship-building he has been able to generate $10,000 from the referral marketing of other BOSS Members!
Now that’s results. Business Networking through BOSSystem works. Congrats Bernie!
Breakfast with BOSS: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 REGISTER
BOSS Triad Power Networking: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 REGISTER
… or email email@example.com to reserve yourself a spot.
Wednesday, September 1st, 2010
More meetings were requested…SO…More meetings are being delivered!
As September 1st rolls around, summer may be winding down, but BOSS is ramping up… And ramping up in a BIG way!
We are holding 3 meetings this month – all of which are meant to…
1. Connect your business into our support network of business owners focused on growth and greater success
2. Give your business greater exposure
3. Provide you with business networking opportunities
Here’s a snapshot of the September schedule:
➢ BOSS Orientation & Networking Session
➢ BOSS Challenge Session & Networking Opportunity
Tuesday, September 14
4:00PM – 6:00PM
Canyon Creek – Airport (25 Carlson Court, Toronto, ON, M9W6A2)
*Space for 14 members*
➢ BOSS ‘Triad Power Networking’
Wednesday, September 22
3:30PM – 6:30PM
The Old Mill Inn
*Space for 75 members & guests
If you’re a BOSS member simply login to your member account and register while space is still available. And…don’t forget to check out all of the savings opportunities and referral system while you’re at it!
If you’re not a BOSS member yet – and are serious about your business – register for the BOSS 90 Day Challenge to experience the system and September activities for yourself! You will not be disappointed…