Posts Tagged ‘Effective’|
Thursday, June 17th, 2010
Anyone can be a leader, but not every leader is effective…
During my time as an Air Cadet for 7 years, I was drilled with theory and practical experience as a leader. I was always taught that a leader is someone who steps up the plate and makes things happen; an individual who steps ahead of the crowd and takes a chance; someone who defines his leadership abilities by the amount of followers he or she has.
It was no wonder when someone showed me the following KOAN quote; it left me in utter confusion:
AM I a leader?
A leader needs followers,
to be considered a leader.
A leader needs to be able to follow others,
to be considered an effective leader.
AM I a follower?
I’m sure, like myself, many of you are wondering,
“If a leader is supposed to lead followers,
than how can they be a follower themselves?”
Wednesday, April 21st, 2010
Top 10 Reasons Owning & Running a Business Can be Compared to Golf
(1) Ninety-five percent of the game is mental – the player slots with the strongest mental game will win.
(2) Success over the long term comes to those most dedicated.
(3) Success is dependant on how quickly a player can change and adapt to their environment. A player that cannot adapt their game to their environment will not excel.
(4) Mistakes are inevitable. The best players are the ones who can shake off their mistakes, move on and continue to focus in the now.
(5) Every shot must be analyzed before any action is taken – think first, swing second.
(6) Visualization, goal setting and mental preparation is often overlooked but can create significant results.
(7) Consistent scores are gold!
(8) It can be the most challenging and humbling experience, but at the same time the most fun, rewarding and satisfying!
(9) Normally the simplest, most consistent swings are most effective.
(10) You and you alone have control over your results.